Translate

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Starting things off...

Well for starters, if you're reading this, thanks for dropping by and looking. This blog is going to be about me, Thomas, and my trip to Japan that I'll be taking this summer with the Navigators. I'll try to keep this updated from now till when I get back from Japan.
So first off, why am I going?
For starters, I've had an interest in Japanese culture for a while now and I've wanted to go and visit for some time now. I also want to go and share with the Japanese my relationship with Christ. I am a Christian and I'd like to tell others why I choose to be one. The Japanese need hope. Suicide is very prevalent over there, and it's sad that they have lost so much hope that they no longer feel like living.
I suppose next would be when am I going?
I will be leaving on May 31st and getting back on August 8th.
Hey, what will you be doing over there?
Mainly working with the Navigators over there and making friends with people. I'll be working with a junior high group and hopefully a college age group as well.
How are you getting over there, aren't you a poor college student?
Well, yes mysterious question asker, I am a poor college student. I'm trying to raise funds for my trip and anyone who is interested in helping me out is more than welcome to give to God's work.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them and I will do my best to answer them.

1 comment:

Existence said...

Hey when are you giving us more updates?