Translate

Friday, November 23, 2012

An Outstanding October

October has come to a close and the harvest is over! The days are ever shortening and the nights and mornings are chillier.
Some of the fields near my apartment after the rice harvest.
While school is not over yet, finals are the first week of December and the end of the year is swiftly approaching!

This month Caitlin came and visited and we had the opportunity to go hiking! We went with some of the college and young adult members of our church and another church body, Ikoma chapel. It was a wonderful hike, with the warm sun complimenting the somewhat cooler air.


I'm just about two-thirds done with my first year of teacher and I have to ask myself: Am I finally getting the hang of things? Probably not, but it is getting easier. My fellow teachers at school have been especially helpful and I am learning a lot of new things every week. Plus, Caitlin is especially helpful when she helps me with my grading during her visits.


Please keep the following in your prayers:
  • Energy and initiative to finish grading strong.
  • Patience and wisdom as I interact with my students, especially as we are all very tired.
  • As the weather gets colder, please continue to pray for everyone's health.

Thank you for your support of God's work in Japan!
-Thomas

No comments: